What is baby yoga?
Baby yoga is derived from Hatha yoga which works on balancing the body and mind. The practice incorporates massage, soft stretching and gentle movements, making it appropriate for babies and ensuring that it’s a fun and rewarding experience for both parent and baby. The class works on enhancing baby’s physiological and psychological development and deepening the parent-infant bond through nurturing touch.
Baby yoga is a centuries old tradition that provides both carer and baby with significant and undisputed benefits that are widely endorsed by the medical practitioners across the world.
- Helps strengthen the bond between parents and child.
- Improves relaxation and encouraging longer sleep duration for infants.
- Helps to relieve the effects of colic, constipation and wind.
- Helps balance co-ordination and motor skills.
- Strengthens their bodies and develops reflexes.
- Improves learning and social development.
- Stimulates the brain.
- Develops physical confidence and spatial awareness.
- Improves muscle development.
- Promotes confidence in handling baby.
5 reasons why babies are natural yogis
- Babies practice yoga postures naturally as part of their development.
- Babies are only concerned with the present moment.
- Babies love unconditionally.
- Babies prefer to breathe through the nose.
Benefits to the parents of participating yoga
- Improves that sense of well-being.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Reduces stress.
- Improves overall health.
From 8 weeks up until crawling
Dress appropriately as the majority of the yoga moves will require you to help your baby to perform the postures.
£15 per session ( pre book ) or £60 for 5 classes